Thursday 20 January 2011

thinking

so i was thinking that relationships were pointless because they cant end happily. I was obviously thinking about romantic relationships but then I started thinking about all relationships.

This in turn got me thinking about the group of people i now work with, they all have a learning dissability and various other conditions which are likely to mean they will have a shorter life, some may only have a number of years left.

Does that mean I dont bother trying to help them? Hell no. I, along with the other staff, have a responsibility to ensure that each of their lives is as good as it can be in whatever time they have left whether it is 10 days or 10 years. Ive only worked there for a few days but I already feel myself become very protective of my residents, I love going into each of the units and seeing smiling faces. I had a few things on my mind the other day and walked in to check some paper work and was greeted with one of the residents running straight at me and giving me a massive hug. Totally made my day and made me realise that any of the issues I was stressing about really werent important at all.

No comments: